1. Just because you register a domain someone will offer you millions of dollars for it.
2. There is an ‘easy’ way to make money with domains, buy my ebook. 😀
3. Every new extension that comes out has a potential to make you a millionaire.
4. No effort is required to find out which domain is good.
5. End user sales just happen when the time is right.
6. If I buy a domain similar to an established service they will pay me big $$$ for it.
7. Earning from domain parking is as easy as buying a domain and parking it.
8. Buying more domains gives you more chances of getting a big sale.
9. If I do what a successful domainer says, I too can be successful.
10. A bad keyword in .com is better than a top shelf keyword in another extension for development.
6 thoughts on “The Top 10 Myths about Domain Investment”
all very true myths. i wish domaining was easy.
The second myth, very very true. 🙂
Now everyone is talking about the American economy and eclections, nice to read something different. Eugene
Domaining is easy. It goes through similar cycles every couple of years. 2009 is probably the last year to get in on the action so keep your eyes wide open.
#8 is where you are not exactly right. Increasing the breadth and width of your portfolio certainly does allow you to make more sales. The catch is, to increase the quality of the portfolio as well.
I am saying this from experience. Had I not done this, I’d never have cracked the 100k sales barrier.
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Comments are closed.